Curious about what I have been doing for the past almost two weeks while being self-quarantined? Well, look no further because I will tell you exactly what I have been doing and how this unprecedented situation has and is making me feel.
I believe that I am in a unique situation. Unlike many other people, I do not have a 9-5 job five days a week. And I do not have one specific set schedule for things that I do. Being a freelancer and doing contract jobs is a completely different situation. Unlike others, I am also used to working from home most of the time and spending a lot of time at home. So, I most likely look at this situation a bit differently than other people. Hopefully, it can also give you a different view of everything that is going on.
In terms of how I am doing. I’m fine. I’m not great, but I’m not terrible. Just fine. As for now I and my roommates are taking things day by day. Thankfully I still have work and projects that are ongoing. But I don’t know how long I will have work to do. This all depends on how things will unfold in the next coming weeks.
As for being self-quarantined in my home, I am doing great. This is a situation that I am not unfamiliar with. And now, I get to be at home with my best friends and roommates as they aren’t able to go to work anymore. But, I do understand that for many people this is a completely new experience. Not as easy and luxurious as we all thought it was now is it?
Here are some things that I and my roommate have been doing during self-quarantine:
- “Slept in”, meaning I do no longer wake up at 6 or 7 everyday. I sleep to no longer than 9am and it has been a dream.
- Set work hours. I like to say that during these 4-5 hours I will get these tasks done. I always write down what I need to have done for the day.
- Write a to-do-list. Having a to-do-list helps you seeing visually what things you need to do. Not only are they a reminder but it can also help you get up in the morning because you know that you have things to do.
- Exercise. I try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise daily wether that being a walk, jog, or a full-on workout session. We are still allowed to walk outside as long as we keep social distancing in mind.
- Plan things with friends or roommates. Video calls, virtual happy hours, dinner dates, Netflix watch parties. There are many things you can still do with your loved ones even if they are far away.
- Do all the things you didn’t have time to do before.
- Clean out and organize your closet, bathroom or other messy space. In general, just get more organized.
- Cooking, a lot.
- Cathing up on tv-shows and new movies.
- Listening to a lot of podcasts.
- Read books.
- Learning Adobe programs and coding.
For other things to do, and more tips I wrote a post on what you can do during these times and how you can try and make your everyday life during self-quarantine a little bit easier. Check out the post linked here.
I have also been a vivid Pinterest used for the past couple of years, some of my favorite boards are Thirsty Tuesday where I post drinks and recipes, and I also have an organization ideas board that I love dearly.
What have you been doing during self-quarantine? I know that we all have different experiences and I would love to hear yours in the comments section below! Also – are there any posts in particular that you are interested in? Let me know!0