Pendry Hotel Lobby

When you walk in through the tall glass doors at The Pendry you are greeted by a group of couches in front of a fireplace. It instantly feels like you are home. The Lobby is decorated in each and every corner with either tables or couches for your convenience. We checked in late on a Friday night for a weekend getaway. We chose The Pendry Hotel in San Diego because of its aesthetics and all the things it had to offer. Located in the heart of Downtown San Diego in the Gaslamp District, we knew it was the perfect spot.

The Room and Hotel

The Pendry that only opened back in February this year has over 300 rooms. Three restaurants, Lionfish, Nasons Beer Hall and Provisional are all a part of the hotel. They also have a lounge bar, Fifth and Rose. And by the pool they have The Pool House which offers food and drinks. Besides from eating there the hotel also has its own nightclub on the underground floor called Oxford Social Club. Anyone staying at the Pendry is automatically on the clubs guest list. There is also a full spa available.

We stayed in a King room with a view over the hotels rooftop pool and the buildings out on main street. The entire hotel has a minimal, luxury and modern look. We especially loved the wall papers and the bright feel. Our favorite part of all was the bathroom, and the open glass shower! All bathrooms have marble countertops and a shabby chic rustic feel to it. I kind of wished this was what my bathroom looked like. The room had a crazy mini bar and the bathroom was completed with amenities from MiN New York. WiFi is complimentary, a 50″ screen TV is on the wall and you also have a bluetooth speaker to play music on.

The Pool House

This was our weekend getaway. Therefore we decided that The Pool House would be our place to go for the Saturday. The pool is only viable for hotel guests before 5pm and there were surprisingly few people there when we arrived around noon. The pool area has regular sun beds, larger beds like the ones on the photo down below, as well as cabanas. Great music were laying and people enjoyed their time in the sun sipping on cocktails. We decided to order in some drinks and also have lunch while laying in one of the sun beds. After 5pm they host daily rooftop pool parties and on Sundays the rooftop party starts at 1pm.

The Tuna Poke was so good!

Nason’s Beer Hall

We had dinner on Saturday night at Nason’s Beer Hall. It has a sporty and fun vibe with sports on the tv and fun games to play with friends while trying one of the beers they have on tap. We weren’t sure of what we wanted to drink so we asked to try some of the waiters favorite light beers and ended up going with her favorite. For starter we ordered in the Cheese and Meat plate which we absolutely killed. It had a ton of pickled vegetables and also honey which just elevated all the flavors. For dinner we both ordered in the burger. Nason’s Beer Hall is the perfect spot for hanging out with friends. Playing beer pong and just having a good time.

Provisional

Before checking out on Sunday we decided to have breakfast at Provisional. Another restaurant under the hotel roof. The restaurant was curated together with Alchemy Works which is a marketplace space here in LA. The entrance is a greenhouse in which you also can shop carefully selected items. Inside is also the Vittoria Coffee espresso bar and honest to god, this was some of the best coffee I have had in a long time!I went with a fresh salmon bagel with avocado, some orange juice and a latte!

We truly had such a nice weekend and it was a great little getaway. Thank you so much Pendry for having us! You can follow them on instagram here.

I received a reduced rate for staying at The Pendry Hotel San Diego. All words and opinion are my own.

10 comments

Wow, glad you enjoyed your stay at The Pendry Hotel! The pool looks spectacular and so is your King room! And breakfast at PROVISIONAL proved to be insta-worthy indeed! Hope you enjoyed your weekend 😉

This is completely amazing! Such a beautiful account of your vacation at the Pendry Hotel San Diego. The ambience is gorgeous and I would love to experience the pool and spa. You looked so lovely and I’m glad you had a memorable experience. That tuna poke definitely looked awesome!

The Penury lobby is my dream living room! I’d say you picked a wonderful place visually! I always love having an option for dining so the three restaurants sound lovely! I’m really intrigued by the social club too! I’d love to unwind in the spa! It sounds like you had an incredible room and view! The glass shower is so beautiful! I’m absolute obsessed with the pool area and the provisional! They both look like a great place to restore and indulge a bit! I will be looking into to staying here soon! Thank you for the wonderful review!

Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

Not mentioning how stunning itself the hotel is, I would love to say that the room you got is just literally dreamy! I love the idea of the transparent shower, it looks so amazing! And the whole room is filled with light and air. Love it.
The rooftop area is fantastic, I would love to spend the day near the pool and sipping the cocktail. Btw, the quality of your photos is just wow!

Cheers, Eliza | http://www.fashion-confession.com

The Pendry Hotel definitely looks amazing! What a fun and unique bedroom for real!
I’m dying to go to SD! Hopefully I’ll get to visit this year!
Also, drooling over some of the food! The tuna poke looks amazing and the Provisional is such a cute spot!
Glad you had fun!
XO
Aimara

Minimal hotels like The Pendry Hotel San Diego are my favorite! They remind me more of home and usually are the most relaxing hotels with the best service. That shower has to be my favorite part of all! It allows you to still be able to enjoy the sight of the beautiful room (TV too if applicable), while taking a shower. Provisional looks like a great place to enjoy a meal too! Your food looks so delicious!

OMG this place looks like heaven! And I love SD! I’ve been wanting to go back so I will HAVE to stay in those hotel. Provisional looks amazing and I would to try out Nason’s Beer Hall. It looks like the perfect getaway for summertime. Thanks for sharing!

Omg I loved reading about your stay at the Pendry hotel in San Siego! Having just stayed at the Baltimore location, I can definitely see similar design inspirations and aesthetics. I love how the San Diego propery’s decor was a bit brighter and light-filled overall. And your room was just stunning!! Also, I loved that Provisional restaurant in the hotel. What a gorgeous light-filled space! Tempted to get on a flight to stay there now! 😀

xo Soo | http://www.BrownEyedToast.com

The Pendry hotel looks absolutely amazing!! The decor of the lobby looks so inviting, would be a great place for people to meet and chat. I am also in love with your bathroom, the glass enclose shower with black and white tile is so minimal chic! Would love to stay there next time I’m in SD.

~ xo Sheree
PoshClassyMom.com

The Pendry Hotel at San Diego looking a very exclusive place. The rooms look great and bright I also like the corner of the transparent bath with glass and marble details. Nice also the Provisional restaurant, I would like to try the dishes they propose. Instead the pool with those sunbeds are fabulous. I would really like to stay in a room at this hotel.
Xx