Hey guys, hope you all had a great weekend. Here is a challenge I want you to do with me!
If you don’t have MyFitnessPal on your phone yet, GET IT. It is great for keeping an overview of you daily exercise and food intake. (It counts your daily steps through your phone) And you can set up your fitness goals through it, all for free! Whats even better about it is that they have a blog, which you can see all the updates on through your phone. They update about training, health and shares great recipes to try out. The latest post is a 30 day plank challenge which I want all of you to join me on!
Take a piece of paper, or a journal and write down your time before starting the challenge and then on the last day of each week, the goal is to plank for as long as you can, holding it longer and longer as the challenge goes on and timely build up your core. Remember, core is not only your abs but also butt, back and hamstrings!
You can save this picture for yourself or write down all the days. Keep in mind that every week have different rest guides that should be followed.
Keep these things in mind as you progress through the challenge:
- Practice proper form above all else.
- Each week will get progressively harder.
- At the end of each week, you’ll test to see how long you can hold a plank.
- Rest days are a must—these allow your body to recover and get stronger.
- Schedule time on your calendar each day to get your workout in.
- Adjust the time you hold the plank and the rest intervals (either increase or decrease one or both) depending on your fitness level.
- All of these exercises can be done at home without any equipment.